After being disappointed by the NYX brow gel, I decided to give this pricier option a go.
- Goes on INCREDIBLY PIGMENTED
- Nice and creamy
- Doesn’t dry out or crunch up throughout the day
- Lasts a very long time
- Fades and wears away a little bit throughout the day
- Price is high
Overall, I will most likely be purchasing this product again. If you’ve been following my blog for a while now you’ll know that I’ve gone through quite a few iterations of brow products since Maybelline changed the formula of their Define-A-Brow and this is by far the best replacement I’ve come across. The pigment is really good and if you don’t mind using a brush method for your brows (still perfecting this method) then this is an excellent bet for you.
After realizing that my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz was pulling out my eye brows (definitely some human error involved in this), I had to switch up my brow routine. Here was my first attempt:
- Applies smoothly
- Very affordable
- Doesn’t have a dangerous amount of pigment so you can build it up
- Not a large color selection
- The color that matched me best had a yellow undertone to it and came out looking weird on my skin
- Stayed on for most of the day, but not all
Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product. The color match was just off and created some sort of optical illusion that made the brows look like more of a puke color. While the price is right, I went back Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade and already have better things to say about that product (coming soon).
I really enjoyed Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Gentle Scrub so when I ran out of that, I decided to give another Neutrogena product a shot.
- Smells very clean and very nice!
- The price is right
- Leaves my dry patches feeling nice and smooth
- The exfoliation balls (offical name) are too few and far between
- Takes a long time to feel like you’ve gone over your whole face
- Barely lathers up and definitely does not foam (at least in the shower where I use all my exfoliants)
Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product. I can find an affordable scrub (and know of at least one) that smells good and really gives my entire face a good exfoliation in half the time. I feel like the exfoliation balls are too large and scarce and because of this, it makes it very difficult to get an even clean. Whomp whomp..
Is this $6.99 version of the $20 Beauty Blender a true dupe?
- Blends concealer and foundation in like a dream
- Expands when wet to apply and blend super quickly
- Doesn’t look as dirty as the Beauty Blender due to orange color
- Provides rounded and flat sides for more options
- I wish it was just a little more pointed to really close to the under-eye
Overall, I fricken love this product. Since getting this for Christmas I honestly have not used anything else to blend out my foundation, concealer, or apply powder. Admittedly, I haven’t cleaned it since then either…but it still looks fine! I love the Beauty Blender but I love this sponge just as much, if not more because it expands even larger. If you’re not in the market to buy the cult Beauty Blender for $20 this is an incredible option.
It’s hard for me to admit but I think my hair is naturally brown now. Which means I have to bleach it. Which means I need a product like this.
- It visibly prevents and reduces brassiness in my hair
- Leaves my hair feeling super duper clean
- I love the deep purple color… that counts as a pro for me
- Smells great and clean
- Lathers pretty easily
- Price is only $13.50!
- Can’t get this product in the drugstore
Overall, I will 100% be repurchasing this shampoo. I have never used a product that has had such a visible impact on the brassiness of my hair (in a completely good way). My hairdresser recommended this product to me and I could not thank her enough. It makes my hair look and feel super clean while not ever drying it out. Love this!