I’ve been on a my fair share of first dates and through all of these experiences I have learned that there are some definite unsaid roles. So whether you’re a boy or a girl and you’re looking to make a good first impression on your date, I would highly recommend taking a look at some of my personal first date do’s and don’ts.
- Meet somewhere pubic (you don’t want to risk getting in a potentially dangerous situation)
- Offer to pay – Guys AND girls. Assuming the other person will pay based on their gender is a faux pas
- Ask questions – if you’re not showing an interest in them, why should they show and interest in you?
- Eat a little something before hand – if you end up getting food, you can always take food home. If you don’t, you can last until you get home and then chow down
- Overdress for the occasion – If you’re not sure what the dress code is, always overdress
- Arrive super late – between 1-10 minutes is acceptable
- Order more than they do – Try to keep the cost per person to around the same
- Give yes or no answers – if you can elaborate, DO. This is the difference between an interview and a conversation
- Take up the whole conversation – if you feel like you’re talking too much, you probably are. So after you’ve said your part, a simple “what about you?” will suffice’
- Bring flowers/candy/anything – Too soon.
- Bad mouth an ex – the first thing I hear when listening to someone bad mouth their ex is “I’m bitter and better than them.”