Everyone knows that come Winter in New England you need certain pieces in your wardrobe in order to stay warm. And while it’s pretty obvious that you need a hat, gloves, scarf and jacket, I wanted to go into a little more depth with the pieces that are hot this season (literally). So I picked out pieces that represent my favorite trends that are currently happening in Winter-ware this season.
- Fur-lined Coats: This trend was in style in the early 2000’s and it has made a STRONG comeback. Fashionable and super functional.
- Cocoon Overcoat: The type I’m referring to is specifically large, structured, non-cinched overcoats. They look great with a pair of skinny jeans and can layer over pretty much anything!
- Slouchy Turtleneck: Everyone needs a turtleneck that they can throw on with some jeans and boots and call it a day. This is the easiest way to make yourself look festive without donning red and green.
- Over the Ankle Boots: Booties are out for the season, over the ankle boots are in. They are stylish and don’t let the cold sneak in to get your ankles.
- Over the Knee Boots: Similar to over the ankle boots, over the knee boots keep you super warm and instantly make any outfit fancier (and sexier).