Being a bridesmaid has been one of the most fun experiences of my life. That being said, it has also been one of the most expensive. I definitely didn’t understand the kind of financial responsibility I was taking on when I agreed to be in the wedding but since then, and a lot of money later, I’ve learned a lot about where money goes and where you can actually save some extra cash. Here are some tips I’ve picked up along the way:
- AirBNB your stay – hotels can be super expensive to renting a place through AirBNB or Home Away can save you hundreds right off the bat.
- Etsy is your friend – if you’re looking to personalize bachelorette goodies, stores and online shops can get really expensive. Etsy stores tend to have the same quality products for a lot less.
- Plan for ONE nice meal – don’t feel like every meal needs to be an occasion. Usually you can get away with making one meal of the weekend really nice and have the rest just casual. And keep this meal planned for the end of the bachelorette so you have something to look forward to!
- Don’t dish out money on shoes – Chances are you won’t be wearing them the whole night anyway. And if you’re wearing a floor length dress, no one is going to see them anyway!
- Coordinate arrivals – If you’re flying to the wedding, ask the bride and groom if they know anyone else flying in the same day as you. Taxis from the airport can add up!
- Room blocks are your friend – Ask the bride and groom if they have room blocks at nearby hotels. If they do, chances are you can get them for a discounted rate!