Sushi dinner at the Seafood Shanty in Edgartown
Run route wasn't half bad
6 miles down!
Sea weedy beach day
Today marks my first day on the Vineyard! I'm officially on vacation (the first weeklong vacation I've had in a year)
Over the Bourne bridge and through the Cape!
Shopping for 3 meals took about 3 hours in the grocery store..
Finally made it to the beach!
Time for a glass of wine on the porch
I am a self-proclaimed board game queen. I will happily volunteer myself to play any board game that is happening. And with my Martha’s Vineyard vacation officially starting tomorrow, board games will be hot commodities. Here are my top board games to play on a rainy (or not so rainy) days.
- Settlers of Catan – (Best played with: 3+ players. Takes: ~1hr) I know most of you have probably heard of this game but there’s a reason why it’s so popular. You role dice for opportunities to earn commodities that will help you build and grow your nation and gain points. The first player to 10 points wins! This game takes the best parts of Monopoly and Risk and combines them. Not to mention you can never lose progress you’ve made which means that you can only do better and better as the game goes on!
- Set – (Best played with: 2+ players. Takes: ~10 minutes per round) If you love finding patterns this is the game for you. I am a total visual person so this is right up my alley. Nine cards are placed out at a time. If you see a set before anyone else does, you get a point! It sounds simple but it definitely takes a few rounds to get your eyes adjusted. And watch out, sets go by quickly!
- Scattegories – (Best played with: 3+ players. Takes: ~5 minutes per round) I grew up playing this game constantly. If you love word games as much as I do this one is a great option. You have a list of topics (ex. types of dogs, colors, etc.) and you role a die covered in letters. Once it lands on a letter, you have about a minute to go through your topics and think of an answer that starts with the letter roled. I could play this game for days.
- Boggle – (Best played with: 3+ players. Takes: ~10 minutes per round if you play without a timer) Another game heavy on words. If you haven’t heard of Boggle, there’s something wrong and you need to pick it up now. My family personally hates playing this game with me because I win a large amount of the time..
- Code Names – (Best played with: 4+ players. Takes: ~15 minutes per round) The newest addition to my favorites! And surprise surprise, it’s another word game. Players are split into two teams and surround a 5×5 grid of cards each containing a different noun. One player on each team tries to get there teammates to guess the words the mystery words have been assigned by only giving a one word clue. The thing is, you’re trying to get your teammates to say all the mystery words with as few clue words as possible, which means coming up with a clue that can lead to multiple mystery words will get you farther ahead. It sounds complicated but it amazingly fun and super simple after you play once.
- Strawberry Sunrise Polar Seltzer – This has easily been my most sipped drink of the Summer. I pick up a pack of them any time I see one. And it makes quite the refreshing cocktail with a little bit of vodka!
- Tati (Glam Life Guru) – I’m not sure I didn’t come across Tati’s channel before but her knowledge about makeup, her editing skills and most importantly her sense of humor or on point. Her channel is addicting.
- Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Chips – DO NOT TRY THESE. If you do, you will be sucked in by their sweet and salty, honey mustardy goodness that is just perfection.
- Anastasia Brow Pomade – I tried this after my NYX brow gel wasn’t working out and am so glad I did.
- Victoria’s Secret Suit – I have gotten a compliment on this suit every single time I’ve worn it. It’s the perfect amount of risky and reserved.
- J.Crew Brixton Shorts – I lived in these shorts over the 4th of July weekend and am thoroughly impressed. They don’t ride up, they don’t get baggy, they don’t get loose. They stay perfect and comfy all day long!
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – I jumped on the foundation band wagon for a while this Winter/Spring, but now that the sun is out and my skin is loving the Vitamin D, I’m back to loving my trusted tinted moisturizer.