April was definitely a much more enjoyable and relaxing month than either February or March had been so I my anxiety levels are finally back to normal 🙂 Of course I definitely could’ve done with a little less rain..
- The Great British Bake Off – I don’t know how I haven’t seen this show before but my roommate and I absolutely blew through the first season on Netflix. It’s not your traditional high-intensity, everyone’s out to get eachother competition show. It’s a relaxing baking contest where one person is eliminated each week and you occasionally get to hear Mary Berry say “scrummy” which is my absolute favorite.
- A Fatal Grace – The second in the Inspector Gamache series of mysteries. I read the first book but you can start with any book in the series (which is what my mom did). It’s a great bed time read but is also a page-turner.
- Mimosas for the Mr. & Mrs – This is a gorgeous ligh baby pink shade that is a little more pink than my tried and true Urban Jungle and is absolutely perfect for Spring.
- Adidas Supernova Sneakers – After over a year of running in my old sneaks I picked up a new pair. They took a little breaking in at first but I’m right back to my normal stride now 🙂 These are great for people who need a little more cushioning than what Nike shoes provide.
- The Head & The Heart – Everytime I put my Pandora Thumbprint station on I’m pleasantly surprised with one of their tunes. They’re beautiful, epic songs that range from happy to melancholy and have gripping melodies.
- ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in La La – My Spring time looks include a lot more pink and this goldeny/rose gold shade is gorgeous all over the lid.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain– This is my first foundation favorite EVER! I had never worn foundation before and so I tried out a bunch last month to see which one worked best for me and this was the winner. It doesn’t feel like I’m wearing anything and is still full-coverage (even though I apply it with a wet beauty sponge for a more sheered out look). Love this stuff!
I’m a huge fan of the Simple Foaming Facial Cleanser and their Cleansing Micellar Water for removing makeup and cleansing (obviously) so I bought this product hoping to broaden my Simple horizons even more.
- Comes in a nice, travel friendly size
- Smells nice and clean
- Leaves my face feeling clean
- Does not remove my makeup (which it does claim to)
- You can easily dispense much more than you’d like
- Hard to use in the shower
Overall, I will not be purchasing this item again. It cleaned my face but didn’t seem to clear it off makeup which is a no-no for me. Nine times out of ten I take my makeup off in the shower with a cleanser, soap, or makeup remover and this did not do the trick. I don’t know if it’s because I was in the shower and my face or hands were too wet but given this my usual routine, if it doesn’t work in the shower than it won’t work for me.
If you read my post from last week you’d be aware that Sephora just had one of its rare sales! So Saturday afternoon I stopped by my local Sephora to see what I “needed.” Here’s what I walked away with!