- The Crown – If you like Downtown Abbey or learning about the history of the royal family (possibly stuff they probably don’t want you to know about) check this out on Netflix. I went through ten episodes in a week.
- Baking – So far this month I made a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Banana Caramel Cream Pie, Ice Box Cake and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
- Stranger Things – If you haven’t heard about this series than you may need to move the rock you’ve been living under. I admit I am just watching it NOW which is months too late but this is absolutely addicting.
- Twinings Christmas Tea – It’s basically English Breakfast tea with a hint of cinnamon 🙂
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – My skin has been getting dryer with the start of the Wintery weather and with the dryness comes the redness. This stuff matches my skin perfectly, covers my redness and stays put all day.
- Silver Birch Candle – I pretty much light this puppy up every time I come inside. It’s a clean and foresty combination that ceases to detest me even after hours of being lit.
- Marc Fisher Epic Over the Knee Boots – These were the only “walk around” shoes I brought with me to NYC a couple of weeks ago and since then I have not stopped wearing them. They are super comfy and a little more stylish than your regular booties. Every time I step out in them I get compliments so they must be doing something right!
Happy late Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrated and to everyone who didn’t! And if you didn’t get to partake in Thanksgiving celebrations this year, you can still reap the benefits with the following discounts happening now for Cyber Monday. Enjoy!
ASOS – 30% off with code THANKFUL30
J.Crew – 40% off with code MONDAY
Banana Republic – 50% off
Tobi – 50% off
Club Monaco – 25% off $150+ with code THANKSAGAIN & other deals
Vestiaire Collective – 15% off with code CYBER15
Lulus – 40% off sale with code 40CYBER
Revolve – 20% off final salewith code CYBER20
ShopBop – 15% off orders of $200+ with code GOBIG16 & other deals
Ann Taylor – 50% off with code CYBER50
Yes, I am posting another recipe because I have been baking nonstop. This one was a creation for another Friendsgiving and it turned out pretty well! Here’s how I made it:
- 1 and a half cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 11oz package of caramels, unwrapped
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 oz instant banana pudding mix
- 2 and a half cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl then move mixture to pie pan
2. Press down mixture onto the bottom and sides of pan (using the bottomed a measuring cup works great for this)
3. Chop up your bananas and place slices flat on crust until it’s completely covered
4. Place caramels and whipping cream in a medium sauce pan and stir over medium heat until fully melted
5. Pour caramel mixture over your bananas
6. In a large mixing bowl combine pudding mixtures and milk.
7. Add cool whip to pudding mixture
8. Empty your pudding mixture on top of the caramel
9. Store in fridge until ready to serve!
For our annual holiday party, my roommate and I will dressing up a little more than we have in past years. This requires getting a new dress because I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a holiday dress or if I own one at all. Here are the options I’m looking at, let me know which one is your favorite!
From left to right