Last night had a craving for seafood, specifically scallops. So with little forethought and zero experience in scallop cooking, I set out to make my very first scallop dish. And unlike fish dishes which require a lot more guess work as to when they’re cooked, scallops were super easy and took less than 10 minutes to make! Less than 15 minutes from prep to plating, can you really beat that? Of course you can make a much more fancy dish if you use more than 5 ingredients but these were perfect to top off my risotto and salad.
Ingredients (for about 20 small scallops, definitely enough for 2 people)
- 1lb scallops
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic (optional)
- Rinse and pat dry your scallops
- Season with them salt and pepper
- Melt olive oil and butter together in a pan on a medium-high heat (think 2/3 to 3/4 of the heat dial) until you start to see steam rising from the pan
- Place scallops down flat on the pan (make sure they’re spread out evenly and not touching)
- Flip your scallops after a minute and a half (the more rounds you cook the browner your scallops will look when flipped)
- Wait another minute and a half
- Take them off!