Braids are probably my favorite type of hairstyle to sport when playing, well, a sport. But after learning how to do double dutch braids on myself, I’ve been wearing them out a lot more, and not just when I’m sweaty and need my hair out of my face. I think these braids look super modern and playful and are perfect for Summer. And when I decided to write a post about them, I realized there really was no better way to show you guys than to tape myself doing them and share that (I also listed the steps out below). So without further ado, my first video! Enjoy and please pardon the not so great quality 😉
- Split hair down the middle of your scalp and tie one side up in a pony tail.
- Take three small sections of hair at the front of your scalp
- Pull the top section under the middle section (closer to your scalp) and pull the middle section out to the location where the top one was
- Pull the lowest section underneath the new middle section
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 pulling more free hair to add to the top section each time until you have gotten down to the end of your scalp
- Braid the rest normally and tie with a tiny rubber elastic
- Repeat on the other side
And also, the shirt I’m wearing is not a fashion statement, it’s the jersey for my intramural soccer team. Yes, I was actually getting ready for a game when I shot this..