July was filled with more travel to Vermont and Martha’s Vineyard and a whole lot of eating and sweating in the heat in between. Here are my favorites!
- Aritzia Shorts – I don’t think I’ve ever liked a pair of shorts as much as I like these. I pretty much lived in them on the Vineyard. They pair absolutely perfectly with crop tops. I wear mine with the edges rolled up twice.
- Brandy Melville Top (similar)- I love wearing this top with my Aritzia shorts. It’s a crop long-sleeved top that is super soft with form fitting (not tight though) arms and loser torso. My most worn top of the Summer.
- Double Dutch Braids – I did a video on how I do these braids cause I can’t get enough of them. They’re perfect for any activity that you don’t want to worry about your hair during.
- Adidas – For someone as obsessed with clean feet as I am (yes I have a problem) sneakers are a must during the Summer. These ones are fashionable and functional.
- Me Before You – A tear jerker that I threw myself into on the Vineyard. I need to see the movie now!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen – I’m pretty picky when it comes to sunscreen and bug spray. I refuse to wear anything that leaves a lingering sticky or oily feeling on my skin and this stuff doesn’t. Plus it’s super easy to apply.
Since I was on Martha’s Vineyard this whole week and pretty much spent my entire time on the beach, that’s basically the only place I took pictures. Enjoy!
Favorite way to spend the day
View from the top of our stairs
Leaving Vineyard Haven
I achieved this look with the following products. Let me know if you’d like a video of this!
In October of 2014 I decided to make the most drastic change o my hair that I had made since I was 10 years old: I got bangs. And over a year and a half later I am still rocking the bangs look. Now I’ll admit, when I go them I definitely did not know what to do with them at first so I thought I’d share my advice with those of you that are maybe craving a change!
- Bring in pictures of exactly what you want to your hairdresser. There are lots of types of bangs and you want to make sure they know what look you’re going for.
- Be prepared to blow dry your bangs. Left alone to dry mine fall limp and flat on my face. I don’t even blow dry my whole head though, usually just my bangs.
- Don’t think twice of washing just your bangs before styling. Since your bangs can build up oil from your face quicker than the rest of your hair, I’ve made a habit of running water through my bangs over the sink and blow drying them to give them a spruce up that makes it easy to restyle them.
- Get some good dry shampoo. If you don’t have time to wet and restyle your bangs, dry shampoo usually does the trick.
- Learn how to give your bangs a trim or ask your hair stylist if they’ll do bang trims for free. A lot of them do which makes keeping them out of your face when they grow out a whole lot easier.
I can’t believe I’m already half way through my time on the Vineyard! I’d spend my entire summer here if I could. Here are some pictures from my slice of heaven.
Decent view from dinner
Decent view of dinner
Me and sissy
Mom and dad