Up until about three years ago, I only owned drug store brand makeup. I didn’t really know the differences between drug store and more luxurious makeup brands, I didn’t know what the majority of products were used for, and I didn’t know how or what to use to apply them.
Now that I’ve really delved deep into the make up world, however, some of my old faithful drugstore purchases still serve me better than other higher end products that 99% of the time cost buckets more. And the drug store brand that I believe provides the widest range of products at the best quality is and has always been Maybelline. From their eye shadows to their liners and mascaras, their products continue to impress me and have been my most repurchased makeup items of all time. Here are my favorite Maybelline products:
- Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer – I have this in my pale shade and can use this under my eyes or anywhere else on my face to instantly brighten. Very light weight and doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all.
- Define a Brow Eyebrow Pencil – Super duper easy to apply (no sharpening required!). I recommended this to a friend and was asked by her eye brow threader what she used because she thought it was so great!
- Lash Sensational Mascara – I couldn’t tell you how many of these I’ve repurchased. Lengthens, separates and defines like a dream and can be layered to add volume. Super easy to take off in the shower too!
- Master Precise Ink Pen Liner – I’ve been using this for years and it is the easiest pen liner I have ever used. The long nib allows you to draw long sleek lines without using too much pressure and causing it to catch. Stays on all day long with an eye primer.
- Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow – Acts as a primer and/or shadow and stays put all day. This is my lazy girls secret to a put together look. Great base for smokey eyes especially!
- Expertwear Eye Shadow Quads – The first eye shadow I ever purchased and still a goody. Their combinations are gorgeous (I own Natural Smokes and Sunlit Bronze) and with a little primer rival top notch brands.
Other Maybelline items that I’ve heard great things about:
- Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow
- Superstay Better Skin Concealer
- Fit Me Concealer
- Fir Me Concealers
- Color Sensational Creamy Mattes and The Buffs