Holy cow March was busy! I took weekend trips to Maine, Vermont and NYC and have been studying for the GRE during any free time I have. I’m looking forward to April being a little less hectic but seeing as I already have two more weekend trips scheduled at the end of the month, it’s not looking like it. Good thing I like keeping busy!
- G Eazy (pic)-You’ve probably heard his song “Me, Myself, and I” but what you may not have heard is “You Don’t Own Me” which is technically by Grace but he raps in it and oh Lord is it catchy. His looks don’t hurt either..
- 1984 by George Orwell – I’m probably the only one on the planet that hadn’t read this book in school but in a way I was able to appreciate it even more reading it now. One of the classics about a sort of post-apocalyptic (AKA WWII) world where Big Brother is watching everything you do.
- Shiseido Eye Cream – I raved about this in my previous product review but this eye cream is the most moisturizing product I’ve ever used.
- Highlight/Haircut – I went a little blonder and have already been told I look more tan by two people! I can’t help but smile when I see my sunnier locks now 🙂
- MAC Whirl and Mocha – Bought this duo in NYC and have been obsessed with this more sophisticated version of my lips but better. The combo make my lips look bigger, a little bit darker, and more grown up. Does that make sense?
- OPI Be There in a Prosecco – This color is a mix between a light cream and a light pink. I think this color would look on any skin tone, and even makes my impossibly pasty skin look tan!
Despite last week being less “busy” for me than the previous three weeks, it was still pretty stressful. Luckily I was able to run a bunch (17 miles!) and relax with friends that I hadn’t been able to see in a while. The week is turning out to be a little less stressful so far and I’m hopeful that it’ll keep getting better 🙂
Fancy cup of authentic Chinese tea that my boss brought back for me!
New favorite nail color: Be There in a Prosecco by OPI
Ok, so technically the name is the Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Instensive Eye Cream, but that was way too long for a title. I actually purchased this product back in December as a Christmas gift for me mom, but she regifted it to me.. Read on to see why and how I like it!
- Fresh smell that doesn’t stick around long
- Did not irritate my eyes
- Blends and spread around eyes super easily
- Sinks into skin by morning
- Under eyes feel plumper and firmer
- Bags and shadows are less noticeable
- A little goes a LONG way
- Slightly greasy formula
- Does not sink in quickly (before you fall asleep)
- Dissolves any excess eye makeup and gives you nice little raccoon eyes that you have to wipe away (my fault for not getting all my makeup off though)
- High price
Overall, I really really like this product. The reason my mom regifted it to me was that it irritated her eyes, but she has very sensitive undereyes and it doesn’t bother me at all. And this may be the first eye cream I have ever applied daily (I put it on for overnight use), but I really think I’ll be repurchasing it because I can see and feel a huge difference in my undereyes! The usual sags that lie in my undereyes have tremendously diminished in appearance and feel and my skin feels a lot softer and more plump. The only downside to this product that I notice is the greasier than I’d prefer formula which doesn’t dry before I go to bed, but if it’s the formula that’s giving me the great results, I can live with it. Great product!
Being the makeup junky that I am, I always want to know the next thing that’s gonna hit the shops. And now that Spring is finally upon us, so are the new Spring 2016 releases! Or at least they will be soon. Here are some new pieces that I’m especially excited for!
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
REPLICA Beach Walk (tried this in NYC and loved it)
Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil
Eyes on MAC Summer 2016 Makeup Collection
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette