Yes, it’s that time of year again: the time when I find myself fawning over numerous makeup items because I haven’t been to a Sephora or department store in way too long. To drive this point home, I still have 2 unused gift cards for Sephora and MAC that I received for Christmas, and I haven’t touched either of them! This weekend I’m looking forward to using them and here are the pieces that I’m most excited to (potentially) purchase:
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor – I’ve been looking for a liquid lipstick for a while now and seeing as MAC makes my favorite lipsticks ever, I’m hoping their liquid lip formula will be just as good.
- Clean Reserve Warm Cotton – I smelt this scent during my last trip to Sephora and being someone who loves clean, crisp scents I found this one right up my alley. I think I’ll start off by getting the travel size and maybe graduating to full if I really like it.
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream – I tried out a little sample of this a couple of months back and can still remember how in awe I was by how soft my generally dry patches on my face felt hours after applying this.
- Kevin Aucoin The Sculpting Powder – From what I’ve seen and heard, this is the perfect color for contouring. It’s hard for me to find a bronzer that works as a contour as my yellowish skin usually brings out the orange undertones so this ashier color can hopefully do the trick!
- MAC Amber Lights – This color reminds me of Half-Baked by Urban Decay, one of my top 5 favorite eye shadow shades. But I would like to experiment with more MAC shades and seeing as I already have Half-Baked in my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, I think this color would be perfect for travel when I don’t need a whole palette.
- Makeup Geek Houdini and Jester – Both of these colors were featured in Jaclyn Hill’s favorite eye shadows video and I think they are both stunning. I usually don’t go for crazy colors for my eyes but I think both of these are subtle enough and would really compliment brown eyes so I really want to give them a try!
If you’ve tried/own any of these items please let me know what you think of them!