Maybelline eye liner was the first eye liner I ever used and while I’ve graduated from pencil or coal liners to ink liners, I’ve always stuck with Maybelline because I simply can’t find another brand that I like as much. So when I saw this new liner of theirs I thought I’d give it a go because I’d never heard of a gel pencil before!
- Applies very easily to waterline
- Very dark and black (I got mine in Sleek Onyx)
- Does not splinter
- It DOES actually sharpen contrary to what most people think
- Smudges after a while
- Fades from waterline pretty quickly (especially around outer corner of eye)
- Very difficult to figure out how to sharpen it
Overall I would say this is a decent liner. I’ve only been using it on my water line and I actually prefer it when the liner looks a little worn in after a while so the fact that it fades from my eyes after a while doesn’t bother me. But for a night when I’m doing a smokey eye and need my waterline to stay black, I don’t think I would use this. I honestly haven’t found a pencil or gel liner that will stay on my eyes all night though so maybe mine are just abnormally wet! Don’t know if I’ll be repurchasing.