Happy New Years everyone!
I’m happy to say that after over a week of being sick on and off I am fully healed! (fingers crossed). So although the majority of last week was full of sleep, getting sick and watching a Harry Potter marathon on TV, here are a few of the few things that kept me preoccupied. Enjoy!
Lila on Christmas Eve being very suspicious about the presents we were bringing down
One of the many cups of tea I consumed with the sweetest message
Pretty snow icicles this morning
Like all of my favorites posts, I don’t think this one needs much introduction. Are are 20 of my favorite all around things from this year. I’d love to know what yours are in these categories!
- Makeup Purchase: Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde and Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey
- Fashion Purchase: Asos Coat
- Trip: To Antigua with my family
- New Tradition: Sunday Brunch
- Color: Taupe
- Work Out Song: Move by Little Mix
- Song: Sun by Sleeping At Last
- Picture: Stonewall Beach at dusk
- Dish: Guy Scramble at The Friendly Toast
- Movie (old): Shawshank Redemption
- Move (new): Inside Out
- TV Show: How to Get Away with Murder
- Way to Unwind: Crossword puzzles
- Moment: Learning when I got my new job!
- Scent: Silver Birch Yankee Candle
- Store: Banana Republic
- Video Game: Halo Master Chief Collection
- Skincare Find: Simple Foaming Cleanser
- Youtuber: Zoella
- Youtube Video: My Drunk Kitchen Rosanna Pansino collaboration
Not too many favorites this month as the weather and my mood stayed pretty in line with how I was feeling in November, which isn’t a bad thing! I did discover and rediscover a couple new favorites though so here they are!
- The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack – The Phantom of the Opera was the first musical I ever saw on stage and till this day remains my favorite musical of all time. The story line is both beautiful and tragic and the songs are instant classics that are incredibly epic and gorgeous. I revisited this soundtrack and have been listening to it during all my spare time.
- Michael Buble Christmas – My mom and I watched the Michael Buble Christmas Special on TV this year and we were immediately hooked back onto his smooth, buttery voice and proceeded to play his album for the next 48 years before Christmas. She also got me my own copy for Christmas so I’ll definitely be listening to it more before the season is completely over.
- Topshop Hat – This hat was both a fashion purchase and a necessity purchase. I picked this up in NYC during my visit on a day that became unexpectedly cold and required a hat. Sorry I’m not sorry.
- Sparkling Snow Yankee Candle – When my Holiday Garland Candle scent is a bit too overpowering, this candle is the perfect option. This was my most lit candle of last Winter too because the scent is light and woodsy and the candle itself can stay lit for hours without suffocating the room with piney joy.
- Eggs Benedict – I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I’d never tried Eggs Benedict before this past May but now that I have, I am a complete convert. This has been my go-to brunch order for the past month and a half or so.
- Yogi Bedtime Tea – Having coming down with a sore throat, followed by a stomach bug, and then another sore throat, I have gone through a fairly large supply of tea this month. And not wanting to keep myself up with caffeine, I’ve gone for the sweet Yogi Bed Time tea which is just perfect for soothing sore throats and relaxing before bed.
- Victoria’s Secret Slippers – I only got these just last week for Christmas but given the fact that I was sick and have been living in them pretty much every day since then, these made the short list. Unlike my other slippers, they are sturdy and still have enough faux fur body to them to keep my feet snug all day. I don’t actually think these are available anymore but I’m sure they have ones that are just not as nice if not nicer than these ones (that came with free with a pj purchase).
After living through 25 Christmases, I have definitely gotten my share fare of holiday gifts. And while my gifts ranged widely from toothpaste, to sweaters, to cook books and more, there have been a select number of gifts that I received as a kid that stand out to me as some of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. Now these are by no means the most sentimental, thoughtful or even expensive gifts I have received, they are simply the ones I remember bringing me the most joy as a child. Enjoy!
Rock Band – We broke this out of the box the second my siblings and I opened it and played it well into the night. I was on drums, my sister was vocals and my brother was always guitar.
Video Camera – Technically I personally did not receive this as a gift but I definitely made the most use of it. The number of “TV shows,” “dramatic movies,” and “music videos” that came out of this is terribly embarrassing.
Razor Scooter – I don’t remember if the winter my brother, sister and I got these was a cold one but it didn’t really matter. As soon as we opened them up we were zooming down our neighbors driveway at speeds that definitely were not safe and loving every moment of it.
Game Boy (with Pokemon Blue of course) – This was one of those rare gifts that my parents had to take away from me for a while on Christmas day because after I opened it, I didn’t want to open any of my other presents. It obviously made for a great gift! But it also made for a very slow unwrapping process.
Dance Dance Revolution – Yep, another video game. If you couldn’t already tell, I was really into (and still get very addicted to some) video games. This was another case of opening a gift for the kids and disappearing for hours leaving my parents to wonder if we would ever get to the others under the tree. Again, great gift, bad timing.
I apologize in advance for the repetitiveness of this post if you’ve been following my blog for a while now because I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned each and every one of these products in previous posts. But they’re my favorite beauty purchases of the entire year so why wouldn’t I have!
I’ll be taking tomorrow off to celebrate Christmas with the fam so happy holidays everyone!