I have been a staunch supporter of Maybelline mascara ever since I started wearing them 7 years ago. I have never come across a mascara of theirs that disappointed me because they only got better and better. Until now.
- Does not flake during the day
- Does not feel crispy on the lashes after drying
- It comes off easily with water or makeup remover
- The applicator stem is loosely attached to the cap so it wobbles a little during application
- The applicator is too big to get into the inner corners of my eye
- The bristles are not how they appear on the packaging and are instead sparse and short which makes it hard to get product
- Despite having short, spaced out bristles, after only the first use the formula became very clumpy
- The mascara itself does not add volume and only adds length after 3 layers of application which also creates clumping
- It takes a couple of minutes to dry, which longer than I’m used to
Overall I am sad to say that I would definitely not repurchase this product. I simply cannot get long or voluminous lashes with the formulation and applicator of this mascara so I’ll happily be going back to my Lash Sensational, which I love. And while I will not be repurchasing this particular mascara, I will definitely continue to try out future Maybelline mascara’s because their track record is still really impressive in my book.