I know that the last time I did an empties post I said that I was gonna have another one coming really soon but apparently it takes me a lot longer to finish up products than I thought it would. But I’ve gathered a good bunch of things this time so hopefully that’ll make up for it.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution – I tried this out last night and can’t really discern how i feel about it. It went on like a regular mask and clung pretty well to my face, although I was lying down on my back for the duration of the time I had it on. After a little while it definitely started to feel cool (temperature wise) on my face which actually felt pretty nice. After 20 minutes I took it off only to realize that what was left on my skin was a serum (side note- I don’t like serums) that I was supposed to pat in and wait till it dried, which after another half hour had still not dried. So I was not happy about that and ended up just rinsing it off after a while. Other than the serum part I really enjoyed the mask and my skin felt smooth, hydrated and my skin tone had slightly evened out after using it.
- Jergen’s Natural Glow Daily Firming Moisturizer – I did a whole post about this product here but overall the color and moisture it gave were good, but it way it smelled and coagulated on my skin after I sweated during a run made it an unappealing repurchase.
- Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid in Completely Clean – Yes, I use the clinical strength stuff but it works! It doesn’t have a harsh or flowery smell and doesn’t come off on my clothes. I use the gel version on this stuff too, which sinks into the skin a little more but prefer the solid because I think it’s just a little bit better and keeping my arm pits smelling fresh and happy. I’ve been using these sticks for probably 3-4 years now.
- L’Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner – I definitely enjoyed using this eyeliner but I still prefer my Maybelline Master Precise Ink Pen liner. They are both very black, last a long time and are very easy to use, but the tip of my Maybelline one is just a little more flexible which makes it easier for me to drag it over my lid and create a smooth line without it getting stuck.
- Maybelline Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner – Refer to my L’Oreal review above!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – This mascara is constantly being compared to high end mascaras because it is that good. It adds volume, lengthens, separates, and stays on all day without any flaking. And it’s cheap! I must have repurchased this mascara at least 10 times.
- Yankee Candle Drift Away – A very clean and cool smell. I don’t know how I ended up with this candle but regardless, I liked lighting it in my bedroom before bedtime. My roommate thought it smelled like a car freshener but hey, maybe I like the scent of car freshener!
- Crabtree & Evelyn Moisturizing Hand Therapy in Summer Hill – This is my bedtime hand cream that I put on every night before I go to sleep. It’s not a warm or cool smell, it’s clean but also florally and all around just calming. Also, because it’s so thick, it sinks into my skin very quickly and leaves them feeling soft throughout the night and well into the next day. I’ve been using this stuff for around 8 years now and will continue to repurchase it again and again. Too bad it’s a wee bit on the expensive side, but definitely worth it for me.