Alright let’s talk favorites. August went by almost as quickly as July did but instead of dwelling on it being over, let’s take a look at the things that made it great 🙂 There were a lot of them..
- Gabrielle Aplin – I came across this songstress whilst listening to my James Bay channel on Pandora and was drawn to her almost ethereal sounding voice. Along with her voice, her songs are absolutely gorgeous and tend to build into big chorus’ with orchestras playing in the background making for some epic pieces. My favorites of hers right now are Home and November.
- Until Dawn – If you don’t enjoy watching Pewdiepie or horror games than this one is probably not for you but seeing as I like both, this has made for one seriously gripping gameplay. It follows a group of 8 teens/young adults as they return to their friends secluded mountain lodge one year after two of their friends went missing. As you can imagine things get creepy real fast and the goal of the game is to keep as many characters alive until dawn as you can. Who lives and who dies is completely dependent on the seemingly small but sometimes big choices you make throughout the game that create a butterfly effect and alter the course of the game leading to hundreds of outcomes. Seriously addicting, pretty scary and lots of fun.
Onto beauty and skincare!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Champagne – I suffer from oily lids so when the humidity and heat hit this month, this was a definite problem area. Luckily I had this eye shadow primer handy and after using it in the morning I was oil free the entire day, even after a run or Pure Barre class! Plus it adds a little shimmer to amp up my otherwise bare eyes.
- Essie Clambake – It’s not often that I wear a nail polish for a week, take it off and then proceed to put that same color right back on again but that’s exactly what I’ve been doing with this shade. It has to have been my favorite shade for the whole summer and has also caught the eyes of a bunch of my friends and even random people at the hair salon. I’ll really miss wearing this one in the Fall.
- MAC Lipstick in Brick-O-La – After I got back from the Vineyard I was pretty tan so my usual nude lipstick (MAC Kinda Sexy) was a little too light for me. That’s when I turned to Brick-O-La which is a bit darker and noticeable and suited my tanned skin perfectly. It’s not so much a nude as it is the color of my lips but maybe 1-2 shades darker, the perfect shade to make them noticeable and pop over my tanned skin.
- L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim Eye Liner – I decided to try this product out after hearing about it from Lucy & Lydia. Having used the Maybelline Master Precise ink liner for years now, I was a little skeptical that anything could hold a candle to it but this L’Oreal Liner did just that. The stiffer tip made the application a little trickier at first but after a few days I was used to it and incredibly relieved that the line lasted all day without smudging or wiping away (something that the Maybelline one did at times). This is my newest staple.
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Long Lasting Shine Control Scrub – Now that’s a mouth full but I have been using the product pretty much daily for the past two weeks. I’m lucky in that I have skin that doesn’t break out that much but with the heat this month I was a lot more oily and thus a lot more prone to spots than I usually am. So when a couple spots sprouted up I started to use this in the shower most nights and they visibly looked smaller the next day. I also love the clean smell and pretty color 🙂
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion – I’ve talked about this product a couple of times this month but this is the lotion I pretty much always use on my body. In addition to my body, however, I was also using this as my facial moisturizer this month as opposed to my usual Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I found that I did not need as much moisture this month as the air was providing plenty and the CeraVe lotion provided just enough.