Well I haven’t done one of these in a while! The past couple weeks have actually been pretty busy but I’ve been doing a horrible job photographing stuff but I do have a couple pics to share with you. Here’s some of what I’ve been up to the past few weeks!
As the title might allude, statement necklaces, or really statement pieces in general, are things I tend to be intimidated by. This is because I’m a chronic layerer of plain pieces and when a statement piece comes into the mix, layering instantly becomes that much harder. Luckily, statement necklaces are a little easier to fit into the mix so I’ve dabbled in them over the past few years but have still stayed on the more understated side of statement necklaces. Does that make sense? If not, take a look at some pieces that I think could easily find themselves layered into a couple of my Autumn outfits without being too out there.
Happy Monday everyone! I came back to Creme this morning and found that I had been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Taylor so thank you so much for the nomination! It definitely made my otherwise dreary Monday a lot brighter 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and pose 11 questions
- Notify nominees
- What was the last movie you saw? The last one I saw from beginning to end was the last movie in The Hobbit trilogy, The Battle of the Five Armies. It was clearly a bump’n Friday night.
- Where do you buy your groceries? Roche Brothers
- You feel most confident when your hair is… In loose curls
- Tell me something you are planning to do today. Go to a Pure Barre class at 5:30
- What is your perfect pizza topping? Oooh mushrooms, peppers, onions, prosciutto and mozzarella.
- What is your Song of the week? Don’t have one yet! It’s only Monday 🙂
- When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Pretty much every Disney princess that existed at the time. And a cheerleader.
- What’s your favorite song to sing in the car? At the moment it’s probably John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16 by Keith Urban
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Actress
- Ever take dance lessons? Ballet and Irish Step for a couple of years!
- Incense or candles? Candles, I love how they smell and look
- What’s your favorite season?
- What are you most excited about this Fall?
- If you could move anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
- What is the best piece of advise you have ever received?
- If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you spend it on?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- What is the best gift you have ever given someone?
- If you could switch lives with anyone for a day, who would it be?
- What would your perfect day off entail?
If you know me then you know I love layering. A lot of my style revolves around my tendency to layer things which makes it incredibly difficult for me to come up with outfits during the Summer when layering is a lot less reasonable with the 90 degree weather. But now that Fall is here, I’ve already broken out my sweaters, scarfs and boots and am incredibly excited to bring my layering game back up to par. Obviously layering can involve clothing being layered, but when it’s this early in the Fall, sometimes all you need are a few accessories to spice up your outfit. Here are some that would be welcome additions to my early Fall wardrobe:
Up until about senior year of college, I didn’t really drink coffee besides the occasional cup that was a necessity and not a luxury during finals week. I honestly didn’t enjoy the taste and was content with tea. This changed, however, when I started to frequent Vermont with a couple of friends during the Fall of 2012 and was greeted every morning with an unusually aromatic cup of coffee that I strangely found enjoyable! From that point on, I opened my mind and my belly to a plethora of other cups from different places in New England. And while Starbucks does not have the best drinks I have tasted, they’re definitely the most accessible. There’s also one down the street from my office so yeah… And in the spirit of Fall and the Pumpkin Spiced Lattes (which I tried and actually did not like at all) I’m making an effort to try more of their Fall options and hopefully find some new go-to’s. Here are the ones that I want to try! If you’ve had any of them, let me know what you think!