As you can probably tell by the name of this post, I wanted to share with you all some beauty items that just did not make the cut for being repurchased. In fact, some of these products I really wish I had never purchased in the first place. So onto the products!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stick in 515 Coral Crush (first two swatches from left to right with two coats then one) – This was a doubly disappointing item for me because 1- it’s Maybelline, and I love me some Maybelline and 2- Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere had recommended this and while it looked gorgeous on her, did not do the trick for me. When I bought this I thought the color wouldn’t be sheer and while it’s not translucent, it definitely required a layer of concealer on my lips underneath it to get good color payoff (or at least the color I was looking for). And after I swatched this puppy and left it on for a good 10 minutes, when I went to wash it off, the texture was sticky and wet which makes for a very short-lived lip color.
- Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain in 402 – They market this product so that it looks like a lip marker and while that may sound super convenient to use, it is the opposite. The product smells like a marker (and not those fruit scented ones), feels like a marker, tastes like a marker, and all together looked like I had eaten a marker upon application. It did not do anything to fill in my lips and more likely dried them out. No thank you.
- Maybelline the Rocket Mascara (waterproof & regular) – Let me preface this by saying I wore this mascara for months and the only reason I will not be repurchasing it is because they came out with their even more amazing Lash Sensational Mascara which is what I’m currently wearing. So overall, great mascara, just not as great as their new one.
- Naked Urban Decay Flushed Palette in Strip – I’m a big fan of palettes and I love Urban Decay which are the reasons for why I picked this one up. I was really excited about the bronzer and unfortunately it let me down by appearing incredibly orange on my skin. The highlight is super sparkly which I wasn’t expecting but is nice if you’re looking for that, but the blush is not really pigmented at all (it took 4 layers of swatching for me to get that color on my arm).
- Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Charcoal Smoke – I’ve purchased multiple of these quads when I first started with makeup (and still purchase them now) and I purchased this quad for the black shade simply because I did not have one. Bad idea. While the other colors are nice, if you’re looking to create a smokey eye, this black is super unpigmented and just turns out looking grey. I would recommend these in Sunlight Bronze and Natural Smokes though!
- Almay Smart Shade CC Concealer + Brightener – I honestly bought this concealer a shade too light (I’m also tan right now so it looks even more pale on my skin) but even if I had the correct shade, I would still not like this product. It’s super solid for a concealer making it nearly impossible to blend and because it is such a dry formula, cakes immediately making it look like chalk. My least favorite of the bunch.