Let’s be real, I am probably the last person to jump on new fashion trends because 1. I tend to have a cynical outlook on trends and see them going out of fashion as quickly as they come in. And 2. I don’t like spending money on clothes in general. This does not, however, mean that I am completely out of the loop with upcoming trends. So in order to stay on top of things, I took a look at Elle’s Complete Fall 2015 Trend Guide to see if anything looked good. Here are my top five picks for this Fall’s fashion trends that I could actually see finding a place into my closet in the upcoming months.
Super high OTK Boots = Over the knee boots are one of those items that always make their wearers look instantly taller and sexier. They really lengthen the legs because there are no cut offs from the tips of your toes all the way up to your thigh! I’ve wanted to purchase a pair for a while but I’m nervous that I’m not BA enough for them. Hopefully I’ll get some courage this season 🙂
Plaid – Not really a new trend per say but I love wearing plaid so I’m not complaining. Paired over skinny jeans or leggings, and under vests, plaid clad outfits are my go-to ones for Fall.
Short Skirts – Another item I don’t think has ever really gone out of style but nonetheless short skirts paired with knit over the knee socks or tights are the perfect pairings for Fall. Super feminine and fun but still warm enough for when it starts to get chilly.
Higher Waists – I have a long torso so high waists give the illusion that I have longer legs and less torso than I actually do so yay! I seriously need to find some high waisted jeans ASAP.
Gloves – My mom and I are two people who have horrible circulation to our extremities (fingers and toes) so gloves are always in my bag. I find them incredibly fashionable and practical, which is not always a common combination in the fashion world.
It’s been a while since I’d done one of these posts so let’s jump right back into it! This room seems like the perfect combination of masculine and feminine. It’s rustic yet comfy and would work really well in an urban setting combining the structure and intensity of city living with the comfort of a farm house. If I were living in NYC, I this is the type of decor I would go for.
Quote Print ($30) // Periodic Elements Print ($138) // Home Pillow ($19) // Ottoman ($79) // Patterned Pillow ($9) // Blanket ($60) // Rug // Coffee Table ($145)
Have a great weekend!
Good Morning Lovelies!
I finally feel like I’ve collected a decent number of empty products to use for an empties post and I honestly have a couple more things I’m about to run out of too so this could be followed up with another empties post shortly!
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion – I’ve talked about this lotion before but I started using this when I saw my mom was using it and was happily surprised. It’s a super light, blends into the skin easily and drys quickly on me. It’s also incredibly lightly scented with an extremely clean (almost nice hospital smell clean if that makes sense) which is perfect for me cause my nose is super sensitive to lingering scents. And since my face has been super oily recently from the intense humidity we’ve had in Boston, I haven’t even bothered with my more intense Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Lotion and instead have just used this and it provides the perfect amount of hydration.
Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara – If you want to know how I feel about this mascara then seriously go to any of my other beauty posts cause this guy will be there. Bottom line is I’ve repurchased this mascara at least 5 times in the past 6 months because it doesn’t clump or flake, separates and lengthens, and is easily buildable. Love it.
Boscia Charcoal Pore-Minimizing Hydrogel mask – I don’t have too much to say about this mask besides the fact that it felt nice and cooling upon application, it slid around a little bit before it found its footing on my face, and my face felt smooth afterwords. I honestly couldn’t tell a difference in the appearance of my pores though so mehh. I’d love to try to their Lumizing Black Mask though cause I’ve heard really good things about it so if you’ve used it before please let me know what you think of it!
Sally Hansen Complete Moisturizing Nail 4-in-1 Treatment – I’ve repurchased this item a couple of times because it really does hydrate my nails and works super well as a top and base coat. I always get people asking me if I’ve gotten my nails done but it’s honestly just this stuff. The only qualm, and it’s a pretty big qualm actually, is that it drys and gets gloopy pretty quickly making it really difficult to apply.
Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads in Oil Free – I’ve been using these since probably senior year of high school and that’s saying something. I really only wear eye makeup on a day-to-day basis so these are really all I need to get all of it off. I do have to use two pads to get all of it off which isn’t ideal but when they 80 of these into one little case, it still lasts me almost three months!
Over the past year or so I’ve been finding myself purchasing more grey pieces. This may be because I’ve purchased all of the black and white staple pieces I could ever need and feel like the obvious choice for my next color to work on is the happy medium of the two, but I also have found that grey can be super chic. And I could be way late to the party but I kinda think that grey is the new black. Anyone else with me?
Eye Palette // Dress // Top // Tank // Shoes // Watch // Nail Polish
As you can probably tell by the name of this post, I wanted to share with you all some beauty items that just did not make the cut for being repurchased. In fact, some of these products I really wish I had never purchased in the first place. So onto the products!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stick in 515 Coral Crush (first two swatches from left to right with two coats then one) – This was a doubly disappointing item for me because 1- it’s Maybelline, and I love me some Maybelline and 2- Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere had recommended this and while it looked gorgeous on her, did not do the trick for me. When I bought this I thought the color wouldn’t be sheer and while it’s not translucent, it definitely required a layer of concealer on my lips underneath it to get good color payoff (or at least the color I was looking for). And after I swatched this puppy and left it on for a good 10 minutes, when I went to wash it off, the texture was sticky and wet which makes for a very short-lived lip color.
- Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain in 402 – They market this product so that it looks like a lip marker and while that may sound super convenient to use, it is the opposite. The product smells like a marker (and not those fruit scented ones), feels like a marker, tastes like a marker, and all together looked like I had eaten a marker upon application. It did not do anything to fill in my lips and more likely dried them out. No thank you.
- Maybelline the Rocket Mascara (waterproof & regular) – Let me preface this by saying I wore this mascara for months and the only reason I will not be repurchasing it is because they came out with their even more amazing Lash Sensational Mascara which is what I’m currently wearing. So overall, great mascara, just not as great as their new one.
- Naked Urban Decay Flushed Palette in Strip – I’m a big fan of palettes and I love Urban Decay which are the reasons for why I picked this one up. I was really excited about the bronzer and unfortunately it let me down by appearing incredibly orange on my skin. The highlight is super sparkly which I wasn’t expecting but is nice if you’re looking for that, but the blush is not really pigmented at all (it took 4 layers of swatching for me to get that color on my arm).
- Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Charcoal Smoke – I’ve purchased multiple of these quads when I first started with makeup (and still purchase them now) and I purchased this quad for the black shade simply because I did not have one. Bad idea. While the other colors are nice, if you’re looking to create a smokey eye, this black is super unpigmented and just turns out looking grey. I would recommend these in Sunlight Bronze and Natural Smokes though!
- Almay Smart Shade CC Concealer + Brightener – I honestly bought this concealer a shade too light (I’m also tan right now so it looks even more pale on my skin) but even if I had the correct shade, I would still not like this product. It’s super solid for a concealer making it nearly impossible to blend and because it is such a dry formula, cakes immediately making it look like chalk. My least favorite of the bunch.