With the official start of summer just a few weeks away, I made a list of things I want to accomplish by the end of my first real summer in the city. And while some of the items on my list require me to go back to my parent’s home in the suburbs, the majority of them are activities that I wasn’t able to do last summer when I was living with them. Right now my list only has ten items but I’m more than open to suggestions so please leave a comment with any of your summer goals and I might just have to add them to my list too!
1. Bring my dog, Lila, swimming in the ocean. She’s never been and I’m pretty sure her reaction to waves (most likely excitement quickly followed by fear) will be priceless.
2. Throw a summer themed party. After our Ugly Sweater Party this last December was a huge hit, my roommate and I definitely want to up to ante with another shindig this season.
3. Run 10+ miles. It’s been over a year since I ran my farthest distance (9 miles) and now that the snow is gone and I’m finally feeling the motivation to run long distance again, I think it’s time to set a new personal record.
4. Attend a roof deck anything. Spending the night on a roof deck under the stars with good friends is one of the best ways I can think to spend a summer night. It’s that simple.
5. Learn how to properly grill something. Although my cooking skills have definitely improved this year, my grilling skills are definitely not up to par so I’m definitely going to need some help from my dad for this one. Who needs a guy to grill for you when you can grill for yourself!
6. Come up with a signature summer cocktail. I don’t think I will ever get tired of my usual drink of choice (Tito’s and Tonic) but I think summer is the perfect time to experiment with fruits and juices you’ve never tried before to create a new tasty treat that you can show off to your friends.
7. Go to a farmers market. Yeah yeah farm to table is all the rage and farmer’s markets are the it thing right now (even though anyone who’s a regular there will be hard pressed to admit it) but in actuality I go for the breads and pies. Is that bad?
8. Make ice cream. This goal has stemmed from a combination of two things. 1- I like trying new baking/cooking techniques. And 2- There is a serious shortage of Strawberry-Banana ice cream in the world and it’s a problem. So I’m gonna fix it.
9. Attend my 150th Pure Barre class. In conjunction with goal 3, these goals will help me work off goals 7 and 8. Lift, tone, and burn baby!
10. Attend a wine tasting. Do I really need to explain this one?