If you live in the US then you are definitely aware of the fact that this weekend is 4th of July weekend! And as I do for most holidays, I love to go on Pinterest and see what people have come up with for holiday treats to eat. This year I’ll be heading down to a lake in Connecticut with some of my friends and want to bring something that hopefully everyone will enjoy. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
I really enjoyed Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Gentle Scrub so when I ran out of that, I decided to give another Neutrogena product a shot.
- Smells very clean and very nice!
- The price is right
- Leaves my dry patches feeling nice and smooth
- The exfoliation balls (offical name) are too few and far between
- Takes a long time to feel like you’ve gone over your whole face
- Barely lathers up and definitely does not foam (at least in the shower where I use all my exfoliants)
Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product. I can find an affordable scrub (and know of at least one) that smells good and really gives my entire face a good exfoliation in half the time. I feel like the exfoliation balls are too large and scarce and because of this, it makes it very difficult to get an even clean. Whomp whomp..
For the past year and I half I’ve been trying my best to not only make, but keep up with my new years resolutions. Last year I did so-so and I feel like this year I’m doing okay but hopefully writing this post will light a little more of a fire beneath me. Here’s how I’m holding up so far:
- Be able to do a full split – Definitely cannot do this one yet. I’m really trying to make sure I stretch not only before but after my exercises as well to make sure I’m making the most out of my warm muscles.
- Learn how to meditate – I downloaded the Head Space app and really enjoyed it! I actually got some good habits out of it but unfortunately my free 10-session trial ran out so I’m currently in limbo as to whether or not I want to pony up and spend some cash on this app.
- Get a promotion – Still working on this but I’m definitely more motivated than ever and am VERY actively working on this.
- Listen to my body more – I think I’m probably sticking to this resolution more than any other one. I purchased a spa package that allows me to get one treatment every month which can range from facials to waxes to massages. I’ve opted for 5 massages so far and my neck and back could not be more thankful.
A couple of weeks ago I went to the eye doctor for a regular check up and not one, but two doctors commented on how large my pupils are (and how they shouldn’t have dilated them…). Now as weird as this sounded, it actually made a lot of sense. My eyes have always been extremely light sensitive and they told me that this had everything to due with how large my pupils are. And now while I can’t change the size of my pupils, I can protect them from the sun with some chic glasses. As of right now I have two pairs: one pair that I purchased myself 4 years ago, and another I was given as a hand-me-down from a friend. Both of these pairs are RayBans and work wonders for me so when I heard the news about my pupils being tiny and justified this as a reason to purchase another pair of sunglasses (for eye safety of course), Raybans were a natural first choice. Here are the pairs of flip-flopping between. Which one is your favorite?